Lars Holmstrom November 3, 2015 •
Support / Troubleshooting
PDF report generation in Mobility Lab no longer works under "El Capitan".
OSX 10.11 (El Capitan), made significant changes to how USB devices are handled. This left a large number of USB device manufacturers without working products. To address these changes, we have created new firmware images that need to be installed on both our access points and docking stations in order for them to function on "El Capitan". Following are instructions to install the firmware:
- Importantly, the firmware updates cannot be applied from a computer running OSX "El Capitan" or later. You will have to first find another computer (Windows, Linux, or OSX < 10.11) to perform the firmware updates on.
- If it is not already installed, install our free Motion Studio software on this additional computer. The download sites can be found on the right side of the web page on our support site (http://community.apdm.com/home).
- Download the two firmware images attached to this forum topic.
- Launch Motion Studio.
- Plug in your access point(s) and docking station(s). If you have any sensors docked in the docking stations, undock them.
- Click on Tools->"Update Firmware" to open the update firmware dialog.
- Click on the "Flash Alternate Firmware" button in the "Access Point" panel. When prompted, select the file you just downloaded named ap_firmware.20151110.bin. Wait for the firmware update to complete.
- Click on the "Flash Alternate Firmware" button in the "Docking Station" panel. When prompted, select the file you just downloaded named docking_station_firmware.20151110.bin. Wait for the firmware update to complete.
This hardware can now be used on OSX 10.11 "El Capitan".
If you run into any issues related to this process, email email@example.com